Thursday, March 17, 2011

Special Thursdays...

I usually don't have a whole lot on my calendar on Thursdays. It is a day set aside to pray for my immediate family, my extended family and for my friends with prodigal sons and daughters.

A few years ago my son decided he no longer wanted to be a part of our family. I cried and raged at the unfairness of it all. How could a son, an only son, abandon his mom, his family? As with all trials I tried to figure it out. What did I do wrong? What could I have done differently? What was God trying to teach me? Is HE even paying attention to this disaster in my life?

I decided to stop the raging and the questioning and to pray. To pray and to fast for my son every Thursday. It started with just me and a good friend praying for our kids and the kids of our friends, then other prodigal parents joined us. For over 3 years now we have been praying and fasting every Thursday for our prodigal children and our families, our marriages. God has heard us and we have had praise reports of reconciliations and restorations.

I still have not heard from my son. However, God has given me peace and I know that HIS will is perfect and that it will be done (lessons that HE has taught me through this pain). I miss my son....but God knows when the cookies will be done....

No comments: