Thursday, April 7, 2011

Doing what is most important...

“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:18, NIV).

I really do love Thursdays. Thursdays come fast but enter slow. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday fly by with all of their rewarding responsibilities and then Thursday...wide open, full of possibilities. Today's Thursday has entered with a drip, a drop, then a slow and gentle rain, no wind, just a soft and soothing cleansing...so soft, the birds are still out singing their spring song.

Was it just last week I was wondering how long? How long must we go without rain?

Have Thursdays always been this way? I don't think so. I occurs to me that this day is a gift amongst all my gifts. A gift of peace and refreshment in the midst of my responsibility and striving.

Four years ago, I set aside my Thursdays for fasting and praying for prodigals. It started with my son and my friend's children...it has grown. Now Thursdays are a gift of time spent at the feet of Jesus...letting him take my worries and comfort my worn heart.

Looking back, I know that Thursdays have not always been this way. But now, they are a sweet peace and I hear my savior call, "come, sit, let's talk." And we do, we sit, and we talk and His peace overflows me and becomes me.

No comments: