Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Me, Me, Me...

Have you been wondering why I haven't posted in a while? Me too. I've wanted to write something intelligent and witty on several occasions, but the press of a busy schedule and deadlines and the feeling of "who needs to hear about my life?" have kept me away from the keyboard.

So, I guess I'll play catch up a little, since it is already June and May is gone with the wind! hmmm, will the wind is still here, but May is indeed gone none the less.

It was a fun month, one of my favorite. I love lilacs, it is one of my favorite smells...they bloom but once a year and the blooms last just a few short weeks in the month of May. I have two bushes in my yard. One is white and is about 10 years old. The other is pale purple and is about 4 years old. I have a neighbor a few houses down who has one that is deep purple--I would love to have that color in my yard! I think I have bush envy .

This May was our first annual women's retreat to Angel Fire New Mexico. My friend Kristie and I along with God planned it. There were only 5 of us who went and we had a fabulous time! We talked about Joy. I got to give the message--that was a little stressful, but also fun. We split the cost of a private cabin in the woods and the food and it was very affordable yet luxurious and cozy. We had so much fun that we are going to do it again next year. (If you want to be included, just let me know.)




After we got back, the pressure was on becuase I had the Fiber Arts Fiesta to get ready for. This was a new show for me this year and I had heard that it was a busy show. So I needed to get busy and make buttons, buttons, and more buttons. At the same time Christina started a new job and I was on full-time Gramma duty. It was a challenge to jugle the schedule, but it all worked out. The show was great. I'll do it again. It only happens every 2 years. It was very well organized and there were many beautiful fibers and quilts to see.


I have been having a blast with Amara. Her and I have been doing a schedule on the days that I watch her and she is loving it. "What's next Gramma?" She is so curious and full of joy! She really is a blast to hang out with. She started gymnastics and she really loves it! It's close to home so we don't have to drive far to go.


I could talk on and on about her--that's what Gramma's do. But I'll just tell you one more thing (it happened yesterday, the last day in May). If you know Amara, you know that she is a total tom-boy, she doesn't like girl clothes, she wants to wear boy clothes, she wants to be handsome, not cute, she wants a boy haircut. Well, yesterday her mom took her for a haircut and she now has short hair--a girl style, but short. She loves it!!!! Last night we would catch her looking at herself in the mirror and fixing her hair. She kept saying, "just gel and go." No more rats, brushing and pigtails! She's a great kid!


Now it's June and the schedule is already full. I have the New Mexico Challenge show in Santa Fe in a few weeks. Then I have the New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair the week after that. That is a new show for me. I hope that I will do well. I only juried in for Jewelry so I won't be able to take some of my big sellers like wine stoppers and bottle openers and pens. I hope that it is a good show. I have a lot that I need to create to have enough Jewelry for that show, so my schedule is cut out for me for the next month.

We are fitting in some fun though. We are going to take the new camper to Elephant Butte Lake for a camping weekend. Our friends Bridget and Ron live there. We have been planning to go see them for the last 5 years and now we are finally making it happen. I'm so excited to see them and to go fishing and swimming and boating!

Oh, one more thing about May. Since we had the Fiber Arts Fiesta on memorial weekend, we didn't make our annual trip to Carlsbad. So we were in town for Trish's (Wayne's boss) pool opening party. Amara went with us and had so much fun. She swam and jumped in the pool for a good solid 4 hours. It was good to see her have so much fun. At the end of the day all the kids roasted marshmallows on the gas grill and made smores. She was in kid sugar heaven!

Well, as you can see, all is good here at the Jones's. I could tell you a hundred more things...but I'll let you go for now...I need to get my day started. God bless your week. ~ T

No comments: