Thursdays are a special day for me, why not start them early. Every Thursday I pray for my son Mike as well as other "kids" that are estranged from their parents or from their Lord. I've been doing this for a while now and will continue to do it. I was going to stop when Mike came home, but I have a feeling that I will have so many others on my list that I will be doing my Thursdays for the rest of my life. And that's okay. It's important to pray for our kids their whole lives.
So today I look forward to bringing Mike, Leanne, Ryan, Scott, Jonathon, Jeff, Glen, Frank, Christina, Andrea, Rachel, Ty, Wyatt, and Jimmy before God and asking Him to intervene in their lives, to bless them, to bring reconciliation, to remember them.
My top ten thankful list today (okay, a few more than 10. what can I say? I have a lot to be thankful for):
- Work and Art to keep my hands busy
- Amara's cute little smile and happy attitude
- Wayne's love and help around the house
- Jesus' unconditional love
- Christian sisters who care and pray
- Overcast, rainy days
- A peaceful home life
- A home church where I know my brothers and sisters and they know me
- The Bible
- The Holy Spirit to guide and teach me
- All the Dow sisters and their mom